What is a licence scheme?
The Copyright Agency licence schemes cover the copying and use of words, images and plans.
There are a number of licences schemes offered to help you earn payments from the use of your work.
When you sign up to become a member, you are asked if you want to participate in all Copyright Agency licence schemes. Once you complete your registration, you have the option to control your participation different schemes under your Account.
What are the new options and what do they mean?
- Pay-per-use: Covers use of specific works for specific uses e.g. the use of an image at an event.
- International: This is where we have reciprocal arrangements with copyright organisations overseas and collect payments for use of our members’ works in other countries.
- Full text subscriber databases: This covers the licensing of journal articles in full text services such as Informit, Ebsco and Proquest.
- Images in TV programs: We can collect image royalties from Screenrights where work is used in a TV production or you can become a direct member of Screenrights.
- Blanket: This allows unlimited use of copyright material in a workplace, media monitoring organisations and government departments.
Why opt in to a licence?
When you opt into a licence scheme you become eligible to receive payment under that licence. If you have not opt out of a licence scheme, you will not receive a payment for the use of your work if it is found to be used by that licensee under that sector.
Can I change my mind?
Yes. You can opt in to and out of licence schemes at any time. There are a number of Copyright Agency Licence Schemes, and you can control which you are opted into once you set up your account.
Remember, if you do opt out of a licence, it means that we will no longer include your work in this licence scheme and you will not be eligible to receive payments from this scheme.
Note that there may be a delay between opting out of a Licence Scheme in the Member Portal and it taking effect.
How do I change my licence preferences?
You can change your licence scheme in the Member Portal by selecting or unselecting items under your Profile menu. Don't forget to 'Save changes'. When you make changes in the Member Portal your membership will be updated.