Your Member Portal account contains sensitive information.
Here are some tips to keep your account safe.
Create a strong password and keep it safe
It is especially important that you create a strong password as this is the main way your account is secured. The Member Portal requires an eight-character password that includes a capital letter and a number.
Some tips on good passwords include:
- Create a unique password – don’t use your Member Portal password for other accounts
- Don’t use a password that is guessable like Password1223, your name, childrens’ or pets’ names or something that is known about you
- Never share your password – keep it safe, don’t tell anyone, don’t store it near (or on) your computer, never provide your password online via an email link or store it in your browser
- Include random numbers and characters in your password – add initials from a phase, or the time when you changed the password
Keep your details up to date
If something doesn’t look right, we will need to get in touch with you. Keeping your contact details current is one of the best ways you can keep your account safe.
- Add a phone number – if we need to contact you in an emergency a mobile number is the best, quickest way to do it.
- Keep your email up-to-date – this is how you’ll receive communications from the Copyright Agency.
Never reply to an email asking for your password or other personal details
Beware of “phishing”. This is where a replica email is used to fraudulently acquire a password or someone’s financial details. The email is likely to look exactly like an official email from the Copyright Agency, possibly even including our logo.
Remember, the Copyright Agency will never send you an email asking you to click on links to change your password.
In some cases, you might get an email from the Copyright Agency containing a link to confirm something that you have done in the Member Portal.
If you don’t recognise the activity that an email sent from the Copyright Agency relates to (like having recently reset your password) then don’t click the link.
If in doubt, navigate to the Copyright Agency website and login to the portal or call Member Services on 1800 044 866.
Check your activity
Your Member Portal uses emails to notify you when something has changed. If you get an email that you don’t recognise, login to the Member Portal and change your password. You can also call Member Services on 1800 044 866.
If something doesn’t look right, call us
If you are concerned about your online account, call us on 1800 044 866.