How to activate your upgraded account
If you’re an existing member, we will be emailing you and asking you to verify your email address first before changing your password so you can access your new online account.
This is a one-off measure, designed to transition existing accounts as members use the new Member Portal for the first time.
Once you have completed this task, you’ll be guided to update your password.
If you haven’t received that email, and want to set up your new account straight away, enter your email address and password used for your former account and select 'Log in'. You'll be prompted to 'Resend verification', click on this link. You will receive an email which will guide you through the process of setting up a new password.
If you are not a member, you can create a new account by clicking ‘Sign up’ on the Log in page.
After this is complete, this is how you can update your password anytime.
- In the Member Portal, click your account name in the top right hand then Account > Personal Information
- Under ‘Password’, click ‘Change Password’
- You will be required to re-enter your existing password before creating a new one. Your new password needs to be eight characters in length and contain one capital letter and one number.
- Click ‘Confirm Password’ to save changes.
Here are a few tips on setting and storing passwords:
- Create a strong password – use a random word that can’t be guessed and add extra numbers and special characters
- Store your password securely – avoid writing it down, never store it near (or on) your computer, avoid storing it in your browser, use a password manager
- Never share your password – don’t tell anyone your password, never share it by email
- Change your password – change your password at least every 12 months
- Beware of phishing – you may receive emails that aim to direct you to a fake website to steal your username and password, never click on a link if you don’t recognise the activity it relates to. If in doubt don’t click.
- Report suspicious activity – if you think your account has been compromised, or something doesn’t look right, change your password and call Member Services on 1800 066 844