To be eligible to apply for Reading Australia Fellowship for Teachers of English and Literacy, you must:
- currently be employed as a teacher of English and Literacy;
- have a minimum of five years’ teaching experience;
- teach Primary or Secondary students; and
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
Tertiary teachers are not eligible to apply.
Applicants may submit one application per funding round provided they have already acquitted any overdue Cultural Fund grants.
One Reading Australia Fellowship for Teachers of English and Literacy of $15,000 is offered per year.
For deadlines, terms and conditions, or to apply click here.
What supporting material do I need to provide?
- CV (one-page)
- Letter of support from your employer (one-page)
- Proposed itinerary (up to five pages)
These files should be submitted as PDF files, with a 5MB limit per file.
What is the cut-off time for the applications?
Applications close 1pm AEST Friday 1 March 2019.
What are the start and end dates for this Fellowship?
This Fellowship must begin after 14 June 2019 and be completed by 30 June 2020.
I have been teaching English at a Primary level for over ten years, but have recently started teaching at a university. Am I still eligible to apply for the Fellowship?
Only teachers currently employed as Primary and Secondary English and Literacy teachers are eligible to apply for the Fellowship.