To be eligible to apply for a Reading Australia Fellowship for Teachers of English and Literacy, you must:
- currently be employed as a teacher of English and Literacy, including teacher librarians;
- have a minimum of five years’ teaching experience in Australian schools;
- be employed in a primary or secondary school at the time of application; and
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
University academics and lecturers are not eligible to apply.
The Fellowship is not intended to support projects involving the teaching of English as a second language or for academic purposes.
Applicants may submit one application per funding round provided they have already acquitted any overdue Cultural Fund grants.
One Reading Australia Fellowship for Teachers of English and Literacy of $15,000 is offered per year.
For deadlines, terms and conditions, or to apply click here.
What supporting material do I need to provide?
- CV (one-page)
- Letter of support from your employer (one-page)
- Proposed itinerary (up to five pages)
These files should be submitted as PDF files, with a 5MB limit per file.
I have been teaching English at a Primary level for over ten years, but have recently started teaching at a university. Am I still eligible to apply for the Fellowship?
Only teachers currently employed as Primary and Secondary English and Literacy teachers and teacher librarians are eligible to apply for the Fellowship.