Members can opt into Copyright Agency Licence Schemes to become eligible to receive payments under those licences we manage. Opting into these schemes provides opportunities for you to receive a share of payments from the licence fees we collect.
Currently they are:
- Pay-per-use: allows use of specific works for specific uses e.g. the use of an image at an event.
- International: allows use of your works in other countries, where organisations similar to Copyright Agencycollect copyright payments for Australian creators and publishers.
- Full text subscriber databases: allows inclusion of journal articles in full text services such as Informit, Ebsco and Proquest.
- Images in TV programs: allows us to collect royalties from Screenrights for you if your image has been shown on TV and recorded by an education institution or government, or retransmitted. Alternatively, you can become a member of Screenrights and receive any payments directly from Screenrights.
- Blanket: allows use of all the works opted in by members, for example in a workplace.
Can I change my mind?
Yes. You can opt in to and out of licence schemes at any time. If you opt out of a licence scheme, we sometimes need some time to let licensees know.
How do I change what licence schemes I opt into?
You can change your licence scheme participation in the Member Portal by selecting or unselecting items under your Profile menu. Don't forget to 'Save changes'. When you make changes in the Member Portal your membership will be updated.
Can I just exclude a particular work, rather than completely opting out of a licence scheme?
We can usually do this. Please contact us by chatting with us online, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll manage that for you.