Individuals may apply for the following grants and fellowships, summarised below, however, please refer to the specific details for each grant/fellowship on our website:
- IGNITE grants support skills development through mentorships, internships, residencies and leadership opportunities.
- CREATE grants are for the creation and development of new work for mid-career and established creators.
- Publisher Fellowships provide professional development and career enhancing opportunities for those working in the Publishing industry.
- Author Fellowship is for the development and creation of new work for established authors.
- Fellowship for Non-Fiction Writing will support an author to develop and create a new work of creative non-fiction writing which will engage with key issues and topics for a broad readership.
- Fellowship for a Visual Artist is for an established visual artist to develop and create new work.
- Reading Australia Fellowship for Teachers of English and Literacy is for teachers who have a minimum of five years teaching experience.
You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident to be eligible.
If you live outside Australia you can still apply, provided you are an Australian citizen or have permanent residency status. For more specific eligibility requirements, please refer to the terms and conditions on each of the grant webpages.
Do you support international activities?
Yes, where writers and visual artists are invited to present work at a conference, symposium or festival, or to work collaboratively.
Do you support mentorships for authors and visual artists?
Yes. We support creators both directly through IGNITE grants and indirectly by supporting our member organisations to offer career-enhancing opportunities for their members. You can refer to our Projects Supported page to see what programs have previously received our support.
Do I need an ABN to apply for a Cultural Fund grant?
You don’t need an ABN to apply, however, if you are successful, the grant will be considered as part of your earned income for the year and is taxable. Therefore, if you don’t have an ABN, we will deduct withholding tax from your grant.
I have started work on my project. Can I still apply for funding?
Yes, but please bear in mind that if you are applying for support for a specific component of your project, this cannot be completed before you find out whether your application has been successful.
What’s the difference between an IGNITE and a CREATE grant?
IGNITE grants are for skills development to assist with career progression. CREATE grants are for mid-career and established creatives to develop a new work.