To be eligible to apply for the Fellowship for a Visual Artist, you must:
- have a substantial body of work with a minimum of ten exhibitions in public or commercial galleries, and at least five published critical or scholarly reviews of their work
- submit your own applications. Galleries or their representatives cannot apply on behalf of artists.
- have a contract with a commercial or public gallery to exhibit their work or a letter of intention to exhibit their work from a commercial gallery.
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
Applicants may submit one application per funding round provided they have already acquitted any overdue Cultural Fund grants.
One Fellowship for a Visual Artist of $80,000 is offered per year.
For deadlines, terms and conditions, or to apply click here.
What supporting material do I need to provide? (sub question)
- A one-page synopsis of the proposed work
- A sample of your work (up to 10 images)
- A one-page CV with a list of exhibitions
- Letter of intent to exhibit from a curator or gallery
These files should be submitted as PDF files, with a 5MB limit per file.